Healthy Living Found to Extend Life

by

  Once again my first reaction was duh!  But on second take, I thought about all the people I have met who don’t really believe it makes a big difference.  I was going to write a post about the studies, but in researching it I found a story on Medical Headlines that does it as good as I could have.   From the article:

"Two articles published in the February 11 issue of the JAMA/Archives of Internal Medicine illustrate the value of maintaining a healthy lifestyle, even as the century mark approaches. Adding merit to both articles is the result of longevity studies conducted on twins, which conclude that about 25% of a person’s expected life span is influenced by genetic factors while the remaining 75% is influenced by healthy lifestyle choices."

Check out the article. There is a lot of good information there that really makes sense. Now if they could just find a way to make stress as easy to control as diet, we would be all set!

 



It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn
Will Sig
1 RT Cunningham

Hi Will, I’m stopping by to check our your “dofollow” status.

Reply

2 YOR.com

Well that was a no brainier 🙂 Live “Healthy” and Live longer!

YOR.coms last blog post..YOR.com – MRP Sample Packs now avaialable!!

Reply

3 Data Entry Lady

Wow – I would have thought it was the other way around. 75% heredity and 25% healthy living. I better get taking care of myself!

Thanks.

Reply

4 Brian

Thanks Will. I read the article and it does inspire me to live to 90. I eat healthy, however could restrict calories more. I have also seen studies of the large impact of calories restriction on life span. It’s amazing. Red wine alone won’t get you there.
.-= Brian´s last blog ..A margarita maker is the perfect tool for your kitchen =-.

Reply

Thank you for your comments

CommentLuv badge
My full comment policy is linked here, but please do not use a keyword as your name. For great referrrals and backlinks, link to your site in the box and by using CommentLuv

Previous post:

Next post: